Welcome to After School. One, Inc. (“Company
” and collectively, the “Sites
”), our mobile application known as After School
”) and the services we offer through the Sites and in our Application (the “Services
PO Box 7775 #34501
San Francisco, CA 94120-7775
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will attempt to delete such information as soon as possible.
- Types of Data We Collect. We collect personal information from users, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us
- When you send or post a message (text, image(s), photograph(s), or any other content) through our Services (each, a “Message”), the Message will be delivered to the recipient(s) designated by you and/or displayed on the public forum(s)/community pages in which you are posting. In addition, our servers will collect and retain your Messages until we delete them. Once your Message has been displayed on publicly viewable forums or community pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put any personal information that you do not wish to publicly share, in your posts.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- If you participate in one of our polls, we will collect your answers and combine them with the answers of other users who answered our polls. We may disclose the results of our polls, including the answers given by participants, on an anonymized basis.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Services, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect personal information at other points in our Services that state that personal information is being collected.
- Information Collected via Technology
- Log Files. As is true of most websites and mobile applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Application, track users’ movements around the Application, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Mobile Services.We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to deliver the Services and debug issues. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the Application, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application.
- Pixel Tags.In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
- Collection of Data in Connection with Advertising. We may also use third parties to serve ads on the Application. Certain third parties may automatically collect information about your visits to this and other websites, your IP address, and your ISP. They do this by collecting and using your iOS devices’ “identifier for advertisers” (“IDFA”) or your Android-based devices’ Google Advertising ID (“AAID”) number. Information collected may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage and visitation of our Application and the other sites tracked by these third parties. This policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for third party ads, and we encourage you to check the privacy policies of advertisers and/or ad services to learn about their use of IDFA and AAID numbers and other technologies. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Information We Collect From You About Others. As part of your use of the Services, we may provide you the opportunity to connect automatically with friends. We employ various techniques in order to facilitate friends finding each other on our Services, including offering a contact importer tool to facilitate adding to your contacts (including Facebook Friends and contacts in your address book) so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we will access your address book and import your contacts’ names, email addresses, phone numbers, geographic location and Facebook IDs to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. We do this only for verifying the school you attend and contact matching to help you and your friends find each other.
- Location Information. In order to enable users to join their school’s community within the Services, our Application will, with your permission, collect your location information in order to locate schools in your area. We use this location information in connection with other information we collect from you to attempt to verify the school you attend so that you may only participate in your school’s community within the Services. While our Services attempt to verify the school that you attend by accessing your location information and checking it against other data we have collected from you, we ultimately cannot guarantee that you or any other person will be granted access to the appropriate school community within the Services.
- Use of Your Personal Information
- General Use. In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide and facilitate the Services;
- facilitate the creation of account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Application and Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Application and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
- User Testimonials. We often receive video testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may play video clips on our Site that clearly feature the user’s face and voice. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her video testimonial.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Application navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
- Posted Messages. If you make a Message post on your school’s community page/thread on the Services, the post is made publicly available and will be accessible by all other users who have subscribed to the same thread. Once displayed on publicly viewable pages/threads, the information in your Message can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put personal information that you do not wish to publicly share in your posts. While you can post messages in a pseudonymous manner (i.e., post Messages under a fictitious name), others may still be able to identify you based on your pseudonym and the information you post. Accordingly, you should carefully consider your pseudonym and the information you post.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the personal information you provide will be shared with third parties that you designate to receive such information.
- “Would You” Game? If you participate in the “Would You?” game on the Services, we may share your name and phone number with the individual who indicates that they would be willing to participate in the activity designated in the game.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Application; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; to analyze and build user profiles; and/or to provide other services to the Company.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may change any of your personal information in your Account by clicking the “Settings” icon within the “Profile” page of your Account or by emailing us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
- De-Linking Facebook. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your Facebook account linked to your Account, then you may de-link your Facebook account by visiting https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=applications and following the de-linking process.
- Data Collection. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.